Contemporary technique classes for professional dancers Mon - Fri*, 9am - 10.30am.
Summer Term: April - June 2013 (No classes on Bank Holidays Mon 6 & 27 May)
Online booking is now available, just select a teacher from the list below to read about the class in detail and to book your place:
- Mon 8 - Fri 12 April: Valentina Golfieri
- Mon 15 - Wed 17 April: Moreno Solinas
- Thu 18 - Fri 19 April: Introducing...Marie Chabert
- Mon 22 – Fri 26 April: Jessica Wright
- Mon 29 April – Fri 3 May: Davide di Pretoro
- Tue 6 – Fri 10 February: Itamar Serussi
- Mon 13 – Fri 17 May: Ankar Bahl
- Mon 20 – Fri 24 May: Chisato Ohno
- Mon 28 – Fri 31 May: Avatâra Ayuso
- Mon 3 - Fri 7 June: Pippa Duke
- Mon 10 – Fri 14 June: Jose Agudo
- Mon 17 – Fri 21 June: Sarah Storer
- Mon 24 – Fri 28 June: Jos Baker
The classes are 'open', meaning you can attend when you like and pay per class. However the classes are fast-paced and highly-technical and some teachers will build material throughout the week.
The class is heavily subsidised by The Place to support professional practising dancers. This means to attend you must have completed a full-time professional contemporary dance training course or have equivalent professional experience. You may be asked about your experience when you register on the day. The teachers and organisers of these classes reserve the right to ask you to stop attending if they feel the class is unsuitable for you. If you have any doubts as to whether these classes are suitable for you please contact The Place Artist Development on 020 7121 1040.
The fee for professional class is £4 per class or £35 for a ten class card. Classes are run throughout the year with breaks over the Christmas and Easter holidays, and do not run on bank holidays.
Access for people with disabilities
There is on-street parking for blue badge holders outside The Place, level access to the foyer and a lift to all floors. Most local bus services have wheelchair access. Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome.
If you have any other requirements, please contact The Theatre and Artist Development office on 020 7121 1040 or email@example.com and we will do our best to ensure that nothing inhibits your visit.