We’re hungry for your original bite size stories and verse.
To coincide with Protein’s production of May Contain Food at The Place in April we’re asking people to submit their food-inspired writing to whet our audience’s appetite and get them thinking about all things edible.
The selected poems and stories will be published on our blog and recorded as audio files to create an exhibition in The Place in April 2016. The writers of the selected works will each receive a pair of tickets to May Contain Food by Work Place artist Luca Silvestrini’s Protein.
You can read more about May Contain Food and watch a trailer for it here.
Some aspects of food you might like to explore in your writing…
- Associated memories and emotions
- Descriptions of flavours, tastes and textures
- Preparation and sharing
How to enter
Send your short story or poem to firstname.lastname@example.org using May Contain Food as the subject line, by midday on Friday 4 March 2016. Don’t forget to include your name, age and contact details.
Terms & conditions
- Each entry must be no more than 1000 words and be entirely original. You may submit as many entries as you like
- By submitting an entry you give The Place permission to publish and distribute your work in written and auditory forms and physical and digital formats, with full credit given to you
- You must be 14 years old or over to submit an entry
- The winning entries will be selected by a panel from The Place and the panel’s decision will be final
- The winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize. Winners may select which performance they wish to attend, subject to availability
- Employees of The Place, their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition shall not be permitted to enter
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions