The Place is a member of the European Dancehouse Network (EDN)
EDN is a network of trust and collaboration between 45 European dancehouses from 25 countries in Europe sharing a common vision regarding the development of dance art across borders.
Something we can’t do alone
EDN believes that dance art is valued as an integral component of our everyday lives and culture, creatively contributing to the wellbeing of society and movement in itself, as the fundamental tissue of relatedness and empathy.
Together we aim to:
▪ Coordinate support for the mobility of artists, dance presentations and cultural production in Europe.
▪ Offer a broad range of opportunities for productive alliances with artists, producers, audiences and new publics.
▪ Progress and sustain the professional development for dance professionals and creative producers.
▪ Foster intercultural work and develop creative and social skills in multicultural teams.
▪ Create strong working tools for the future of the sector.
▪ Define an action plan towards the necessities of development, collaboration and recognition of dance as an art form.
▪ Develop the dialogue between EDN and EACEA/EU funding bodies and advocacy for dance in Europe.
▪ Develop research, knowledge and practices for audience engagement.
▪ Develop dialogues with dance houses and dance ecologies beyond Europe.