We are excited to be returning to the building with our Children and Youth Dance Programme after the winter break in January for the Spring Term 2022!
Spring Term: Sat 8 Jan - Fri 1 Apr. No classes Mon 14 – Sat 19 Feb (half-term break)
Our Creative Dance classes have our mission at heart: to power imagination through dance. Sessions will offer a creative way of learning and developing, not just in dance and physical awareness, but sense of self too.
Our brilliant teachers draw on a range of dance practices that will give your young people opportunity to explore a varied movement vocabulary- for example dance forms from the African Diaspora, Hip Hop, South Asian dance styles as well as North American/Western Contemporary dance styles.
Creativity is at the heart of the programme; regardless of the dance practice that the teacher is drawing from. Therefore, your young person will have the opportunity to build an understanding of dance technique while being encouraged to be creatively curious through the opportunities to play, explore and choreograph on our courses.
See what classes are available below:
Creative Dance for Children and Grown-ups
Creative Dance for Ages 5-7
Creative Dance for Ages 7-9
Creative Dance for Ages 9-10
Creative Dance for Ages 10-11
Creative Dance for Ages 11-12
Creative Dance for Ages 12-13
Creative Dance for Ages 13-15
Creative Dance for Ages 15-18
Creative Dance for Boys
Creative Dance for Boys Ages 9-14
Dance Technique for Ages 11-14
Dance Technique for Ages 14-18
- Saturday classes are by enrolment only: no drop-in option available (with the exception of Creative Dance for Children and Grown-Ups).
- Enrolment booking close at 8am on Sat 8 Jan (drop in booking close at 8am each Saturday of term).
- Midweek classes have both enrolment and drop-in options available, drop-in booking closes at 3pm the day of each class.
- Class fees vary by class length.
- Bursaries are available. Please click here more information.
- We offer payments via an instalment option subject to a £30 holding deposit. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more information.
- Term runs from Sat 8 Jan to Fri 1 Apr. There will be no classes from Mon 14 Feb to Sat 19 Feb due to half term.
- Our classes are running without social distancing as per the government guidelines. Therefore, it is vital that you read the Terms & Conditions before you book onto one of our classes. These outline the procedures if government restrictions change, and highlight what is expected from you and your young dancers in the building.
- Once you have placed your booking, you will receive a welcome email from the Children and Youth Dance Team prior to term commencing where you can expect to find all the information you need for coming to your dance class at The Place.