Covid-19 Reopening Measures For Classes and Courses
We can’t wait to welcome you back to your class!
Over the past few months, we have been working hard to ensure everyone feels safe and confident that all necessary health and safety measures are in place when entering the building. All the safety measures below comply with the latest government guidelines.
What to expect when visiting The Place for classes:
- We encourage everyone to wear a face covering in all public areas of the building.
- Face coverings in studios are not required – you are welcome to wear one if you would feel more comfortable doing so as a personal preference.
- Our front of house staff will be wearing face coverings.
- You will be sent any specific requirements and advice for the class you have booked before you arrive – if you are unsure of anything please get in contact. If you have any concerns when you arrive or would like more information, our front of house team will talk you through our safety procedures, how we will keep you safe during your visit and how you can help us with this.
- We are no longer operating a one-way system through the building.
- Anyone who has booked in advance for a class is not required to register with our NHS Test and Trace system on arrival, as we already have your contact details.
- You must not attend your class if you have symptoms of covid or have tested positive on a lateral flow test or PCR test within 10 days. Please contact us and we will offer you a credit note to attend a future class, or refund you, if appropriate.
- If children are taking a regular twice-weekly lateral flow test, we consider this an adequate mitigation. If they are not taking regular lateral flow tests, we encourage them to take one before attending class.
- We encourage everyone to contact us if they test positive for covid after attending a class. You will be contacted if anyone in your class subsequently reports to The Place that they have tested positive for covid.
- There will be hand sanitiser points available around the building.
- Toilets and changing rooms will be available with additional cleaning in place.
- From September close contact work in classes will be reduced and adult classes will have a reduced capacity, as we reopen safely and cautiously. This will be reviewed every 2 weeks.
- Classes may finish a few minutes early to maximise ventilation between classes.
- Those collecting secondary school age children and above are asked to meet them outside the Flaxman Terrace entrance at the end of class where they will be signed out by a member of staff.
- If The Place cancels a class due to covid, you will be contacted via email and offered credit to use for a future class or if that is not possible, you will receive a refund.
- Please note: Visitors with access needs will be given priority in any queue management processes.
For more information about our reopening measures or if you have further questions, please click here to visit our Covid-19 Reopening FAQ's page.
This page was last updated on Mon 31 Aug 2021