We can’t wait to welcome audiences back to The Place!
Over the past few months, we have been working hard to ensure visitors feel safe and confident that all necessary health and safety measures are in place when entering the building. All the safety measures below comply with the new Tier 2 measures taking effect in London from midnight on Saturday 17 October. If you are uncomfortable travelling to The Place or attending our live performances, please email box office to request credit or a refund for your ticket(s).
What to expect when visiting The Place for live events:
- Upon arrival, our front of house team will walk you through our safety procedures, how we will keep you safe during your visit and how you can help us with this
- We will check your temperature with a non-contact thermometer.
- You will be asked to take note of the one-way system marked throughout the building to make your visit safe.
- We will also ask you to register with the NHS Test and Trace system so we can contact audiences should anyone inform us of suffering COVID-19 symptoms post-event.
- Please queue outside as groups cannot congregate in the foyer and the bar.
- We will ask you to wear a face mask, unless exempt for medical reasons. If you are exempt from wearing a face mask please let our front of house staff know on arrival.
- Our front of house staff will also be wearing masks.
- We will ask that you respect the social distancing measures at all times.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the show time, as we will need to take temperature checks, collect test and trace details and give you plenty of time to take your seats in a socially-distanced way.
- Seating will be allocated. Single and pair seating is available as we cannot accommodate large groups to sit together.
- There will be hand sanitiser points available around the building.
- Unfortunately, the bar and cloakroom will not be available.
- Toilets will be available but social distancing precautions will be in place.
- Please note: Visitors with access needs will be given priority in any queue management processes.
- If you have concerns about any of this information please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- You will only be able to select the e-ticket option when booking. You can print your ticket or you can show it to us on your device on arrival
- If The Place cancels an event due to unforeseen circumstances related to Covid-19, you will be contacted via email and offered credit on your account to use for a future event or receive a refund.
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms and cannot attend a live event, please let our Box Office know at least 1 hour before the event is due to start by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be offered credit on your account to use for a future event.
- Ticket sales will close 2 hours before the event to ensure you have enough time to travel, arrive at The Place in time for necessary checks to take place.
- All events will operate on a reserved seating only plan, single and pair seating is available only to avoid large groups seating together.
For more information about our reopening measures or if you have further questions, please click here to visit our Covid-19 Reopening FAQ's page.