Governor / Trustee
In pursuit of our vision for a world with more dance The Place is involved in the entire lifecycle of dance – from education and training to the creative process that leads to new ideas and conception of new work, through to its creation, production and performance.
- Our recreational dance classes, courses and companies cater for over 3,500 people from children as young as 5, all the way through to over 60 and we offer bursaries and grants to low-income families to enable them to participate.
- We host an annual widening participation programme locally through bespoke projects reaching 1,500 participants annually and our targeted Partner Schools Programme engaged 750 local primary school children and their families in 2020/21.
- We deliver pre-vocational dance training to 120 11–18-year-olds via our Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) and our world-class Higher Education programmes are delivered to over 200 students annually (44% of our new intake are from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds) in London Contemporary Dance School (LCDS)
- Each year, for c.150 independent artists, producers, and the wider professional dance community (including freelancers involved in the creative process) we offer carefully curated professional development programmes and individual support.
- Since the formation of our Producing and Touring team in 2017, we have so far developed 15 shows, six of which have finished touring to 74 venues and have been experienced by over 17,000 audience members.
- Alongside annual live audiences of 50,000, we also reach c.600,000 digital fans a year across the world.
The Place is looking for outstanding people to join the governing body and work with the senior executive team to achieve the ambitions set out in the 2018-2023 Business Plan and beyond. Following a skills audit and review process, gaps in our Board expertise have been identified as:
- Branding, external communications, and/or reputation management expertise from the private, public or charity sector, able to advise on trends in branding and marketing communications.
- Digital strategy, transformation, website, CRM and /or content development expertise gained in complex organisations, able to advise on extending digital services, reach and impact.
We are particularly interested to hear from people who identify as disabled as well as mid-career professionals. We have a strong and diverse Board, but we are working to deepen this further to reflect the levels of diversity that we see amongst our students, staff, artists and audiences.
Salary: Governors are not remunerated but reasonable travel expenses will be paid
How to apply: Please submit your CV and a statement (maximum two sides of A4) by email to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 25 October 2021 at midday
Interviews: Interviews will be held during the week commencing 1 November 2021 and, subject to government guidelines, will be held in person at The Place.