Open Call for Performance Work - Woman SRSLY
Woman SRSLY is launching an open call for proposals from performance artists to participate in the next Woman SRSLY platform at The Yard Theatre on the 19th April 2018.
Woman SRSLY champions bold new female-led performance through platforms and networking support and aims to create a platform for female artists to share their ideas and experiences.
We are seeking proposals from female identified artists who have bold ideas for new performance work including theatre, dance, cabaret and film.
We're looking for shows which:
- have a strong visual and / or conceptual element
- celebrates different notions of what femininity means to the artist
- are made by female-identified / gender queer / non-binary artists (work will be accepted which includes male performers). We are interested in work by artists who face disadvantage within the arts industry. This includes people with disabilities, people of colour, people from financially disadvantaged backgrounds, older people and people from any other marginalised background or identity
- are new, scratch or tour ready
- are between 10-20 mins in length
- can be performed in a with a basic technical set up (technical specs available on request)
- are innovative and experimental in form
- work that comes under the banner of dance, theatre, film, cabaret and performance art.
We are particularly interested in work which is under represented in a traditional theatre setting and is made by artists based in the UK.
As well as an opportunity to share your work they are offering:
- 10% of profits from ticket sales will be paid to each act
- Marketing and press for the event
- Technical support and technical rehearsal
- Film of work and images
You must be available from 2pm onwards on 19th April 2018. To apply, please download and complete application form: www.grace-nicol.com/woman-srsly/
Please send your completed application form by the 26th March to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified by the 3rd of April.