The online LCDS International Summer School programme is available to book for £50.00! This exciting new programme will allow us to reach across the globe, delivering world-leading education and vocational training in dance, despite the new reality we are all adjusting too. It will be a chance for you to get to know school, our students and the faculty, as well as learning about our undergraduate programme. There will be 13 live classes and plenty of pre-recorded classes all led by our internationally renowned teachers. There will be two live Q&A sessions and lots more. Read below for further detail on the timetable.
Live classes and sessions:
There will be three live classes a day from Monday to Thursday. These live classes will reflect some of the dance practices taught on our undergraduate programme: Ballet, Release Based Technique, GAGA, Flying Low, Improvisation, Cunningham based technique.
The practitioners leading these classes include: Baptiste Bourgougnon (Head of Technique and Performance) Chisato Ohno (Lecturer in Ballet and Gaga) Leila McMillan (Passing Through and Flying Low Lecturer) Sasha Roubicek (Lecturer in Contemporary Dance), Rick Nodine (Lecturer in Choreography and Improvisation), Anna Helsby (Head of Registry and Student Well-Being/ Lecturer in Ballet) Kate Price (Lecturer in Contemporary Dance) and Raymond Chai (Lecturer in Ballet)
These live classes are 1 hour 15 minutes long and are at 9AM, 11AM and 5PM (BST). This is to guarantee that everyone will be able to attend at least one live class a day depending on the time zone they are in. Or you can join all three! All classes will be recorded and posted after the live event for people to watch back if they wish.
On Friday there will be one live class in the AM followed by two Q&A sessions with our faculty teachers and a student ambassador. We will be taking questions from participants prior to the event so that we can answer as many as possible.Two Q&A sessions are available to support those in different time zones again.
Pre-recorded classes and other resources available:
· Body conditioning class with Head of Physical Support Kim Hutt
· Improvisation Audio Walk with Lauren Potter, Lecturer in Choreography and Improvisation
· Pilates class with Pieter Symonds, Lecturer in Pilates
· Introduction to Floor Barre with Anna Helsby, Head of Registry and Student Well-Being
· Introduction to Contextual Studies with Tom Hastings our Lecturer in Contextual Studies
· Introduction to Design with Sharon Coleman, Head of Design and Costume
· Introduction to Composition with Jovair Longo Lecturer in Choreography and Improvisation
· A Student Conversation Podcast
· IELTS and VISA video and helpful guidance document
· Audition toolkit and tips with panel
These pre-recorded classes, module introductions, audios and videos will be sent out throughout the week for you to watch, enjoy and complete in your own time.
Once you have made a booking, you will be contacted closer to the event date with how to access these live and pre-recorded sessions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This online International Summer School, will be a chance for you to get to know London Contemporary Dance School; our students and the faculty, as well as learning about the undergraduate programm