The Place Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee Terms of Reference
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee will define, monitor and ensure greater transparency and visibility of the Action Plan, its development and implementation. In doing so the Committee will be able to hold the Board and Executive to account.
Appointment of Chair
The Chair of the Committee will be a Governor(s)
Up to 15 members drawn from across the organisation including a representative from the Senior Leadership Team, education and public programmes, casual staff, independent artists and students.
There is provision for co-opted members, sought based on their expertise in the area, who may include members external to The Place
There shall be a quorum at meetings of one-third of the membership. Meetings will take place a minimum of three times per year.
Rules for voting
There are no specified rules for voting.
Minutes are submitted to the Board of Governors
Terms of reference
- Overseeing the formulation of institutional action plans including but not limited to the Equality and Diversity Action Plan (Arts Council England) and the Access and Participation Plan (Conservatoire for Dance and Drama to Office for Students) to ensure that equality and diversity policies are effectively translated into programmes of action.
- Monitoring implementation of the Equality and Diversity Plan
- Formulating and recommending organisation-wide policies and procedures relating to equality, diversity and inclusion (with reference to the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama policies)
- Maintaining an oversight and advising on complaints related to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Advising the relevant teams and staff on strategic policy developments relating to equality, diversity and inclusion, their integration into overall strategic plans and on their implementation.
- Encouraging and assisting departments in the effective integration and implementation of equality, diversity and inclusion policies and procedures.
- Establishing project groups as required to investigate, report on and implement work on specific aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
- Maintaining under review and, where necessary, proposing revision to policies, procedures and plans relating to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation and effectiveness of the equality, diversity and inclusion policy, procedures, and plans.
- Ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion policies and procedures are effectively disseminated and promoted.
- Maintaining appropriate consultation and communication routes with all relevant groups and with external bodies in pursuance of the terms of reference of the committee.