Terms and Conditions for use of this website:
1) This website and all materials within it are the property of Contemporary Dance Trust, trading as The Place (herein after referred to as The Place).
2) The Place will not be liable for any losses incurred by you in connection with your use of this website, for any delay in using or your inability to use the website, for any information or products obtained through the website or for any material posted to the website by users of the website.
3) The Place's website is for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website.
4) All contents of this website, including any software, are protected by intellectual property rights and other related rights. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form (electronically or otherwise) without the prior consent of the The Place other than temporarily in the course of using the site's shop or ticketing services.
5) You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of The Place's website for any reason which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful obscene or objectionable and, in particular, you are not permitted to transmit anything which, in The Place's opinion, harms its business or in any way offends other users or persons.
6) You are also not permitted to alter The Place's website in any way or post onto or transmit to The Place's website, any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of computer or telecommunications equipment.
7) The Place reserves the right to refuse or remove anything which is transmitted via or posted on The Place's website and which, in The Place's opinion, is objectionable or does not comply with these terms and conditions. The Place shall not in any way be liable for such actions.
8) The Place may record, preserve, trace and disclose anything which has been transmitted to, from or via The Place's website, where required by law or where The Place is acting in good faith. The Place's website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than The Place. The operation of such websites is outside The Place's control and you proceed at your own risk. The Place does not endorse or sponsor and is not liable for the products, services or content you access through any linked site.
11) These terms and conditions and any Contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and all disputes shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Terms and Conditions for visiting The Place's theatre:
1) The Place reserves the right to refuse admission, and The Place may also request any ticket holder to leave the venue before, during or after performances or events if it believes their presence is likely to cause nuisance, disturbance or threat to other patrons, the venue or its employees taking any such appropriate action which may be necessary to enforce this if it is necessary to do so.
2) The Place may also, on certain occasions, have to conduct security searches to ensure your safety.
3) Every effort will be made by The Place to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the event or performance. It may not be possible to accommodate latecomers.
4) The Place cannot permit food to be brought into the auditorium. Drinks may be brought into the auditorium in plastic cups, at the discretion of the Duty Manager.
5) Mobile phones, pagers and watches must be silenced before entering the auditorium.
6) To be admitted you must be in possession of a valid ticket.
7) Where a specific age restriction is listed for an event, children under the specified age will not be admitted.
8) Strobe lighting, smoke effects gunshots and other special effects are sometimes used in productions; notices will be displayed in the box office and bar areas.
9) The Place or any permitted third parties may carry out general filming, sound recording and photography in or about the venue. By purchasing tickets you consent to you and your party being included, and the use or broadcast of such films and recordings without payment.
10) The Place will not be liable in any way if an event or performance is abandoned after more than half of it has taken place due to any factors which are beyond the The Place's reasonable control.
11) Should a performance or event be cancelled or abandoned when less than half of the performance has taken place refunds will be for the face value of the ticket only.
12) Customers with young children are advised to sit near an exit to allow for an easy departure should the child become uncomfortable during the performance. There are no refunds for patrons who need to exit the performance early.
13) No photography or recording of any kind is permitted in the theatre.
14) Patrons may not sit or stand in any gangways or on the stairs.
For information on concessions, group bookings, reservations and refunds and returns please see our ticketing policy here.
Terms and Conditions for Professional Class participants
1) Classes are for professional level dancers only. If the teacher feels this class is unsuitable for you, you may be asked to leave.
2) We do not offer refunds for our classes, refunds will only be given for an injury that is accompanied by a letter from your doctor.
3) For health and safety reasons we do not let any latecomers in.
4) If the class is full you will be added to a waiting list. If there are spaces at the start of the class we will allow you into the class.
5) Participants must leave the studio within 15 minutes of class ending, there are stretching zones available if you need to continue cooling down.
6) Some refunds may be considered but are subject to an administration fee.
7) Public observation is not allowed at any time.
8) All participants must sign in at the front desk before the class. If you have not paid for the class before the class begins you will not be able to attend.
9) For participants who have enrolled for the whole week you will only be required to sign in at the reception on the first class of the week.
Terms and conditions for participating in Evening Classes
1) We do not offer refunds for our classes, refunds will only be given for an injury that is accompanied by a letter from your doctor.
2) If the class is full you will be added to a waiting list. If there are spaces after 15 minutes we will allow you into the class.
3) Some refunds may be considered but are subject to a £25 administration fee.
4) If you miss an enrolment class this cannot be exchanged for another class.
5) Public observation is not allowed at any time
Terms and Conditions for Carnet Cards
1) Carnet cards allow you to pre book the class from 12:00 the previous day
2) If you book classes with your carnet card but do not show up to the class this class will still be deducted from your allowance.
3) All carnet cards are valid for the academic year they are bought in (September – July). The card will expire on the last day of Summer term.
4) We do not offer any carry over classes to the next year.
Terms and conditions for the children and youth dance programme
1) Fees must be paid in full prior to the term commencing and normally by a certain date communicated to you, in order to secure a place in the children and youth dance programme. Fee Instalment plans can be arranged by mutual agreement of the fee payer and The Place. Should you wish to pay by instalments, a £30 deposit is required prior to a date communicated to you.
2) When booking and paying online please book in the name of the participant. If you would like to pay by cheque (made payable to Contemporary Dance Trust Ltd.). Please write the name and date of birth clearly on the reverse of the cheque and post it in the grey post box outside the children and youth dance office at The Place. You may also pay by credit or debit card (in person or over the telephone) or in cash (in person).
3) Please confirm your booking by filling in an enrolment form. It is against our safeguarding policy to teach children and young people who we do not have sufficient information about. You child might not be allowed to join in until we have a completed enrolment form.
4) The Place operates on a no refund policy unless participation is affected by a medical condition or injury upon which a refund will be issued on receipt of a medical certificate or doctor’s note. Extenuating circumstances will be considered and all are subject to a £10 administration charge.
5) If your child decides that the programme is not for them we can issue a refund providing we are notified by the second week of term and are able to fill their place. Please note: we will withhold the cost of the class that they have attended along with an administration fee of £10.
6) We are happy to transfer any fees to any of our children and youth dance holiday projects during the academic year in which your child joined the programme.
7) We appreciate students arriving to and being collected from their classes promptly. For health and safety reasons if a student arrives late for class by 15 minutes or more it is the at the teachers discretion whether they may participate, however if asked to sit out students are always invited to observe.
8) We cannot accept responsibility for students Year 7 and up once sessions have finished. For children in years 1-6 we sign students out to parents/carers at the end of each session. In the event of an emergency the office should be notified of late collection at the earliest opportunity upon which your child will be brought to the office until collected.
9) By enrolling you are agreeing to the following statements:
I give permission for my child to be filmed and photographed when rehearsing or performing in their capacity as a training contemporary dancer at The Place and I understand that:
• photographs may be used to promote the work of young dancers on The Place website and possibly also for posters, brochures, social media and online campaigns and other relevant promotional material
• filming of classes or rehearsals will be primarily used for teaching and evacuation purposes and sometimes used in promotional clips
• filming of performances in the Robin Howard Dance Theatre, the Place space or any other venue under our supervision may be made available for purchase by friends and family of participating performers. No material will be sold on general release, unless a dedicated consent has been signed by parent/carers
• edited clips of performances or class maybe used from time to time on our website and social media pages as well as online campaigns in order to promote The Place
10) Students who miss three classes or more with unreported absences will be given an opportunity to improve on attendance else we may reconsider their place on the programme.
11) We have male and female changing rooms for use by the general public; these rooms are accessed with codes available from reception. Please do not pass these codes onto other parties and although coded please do not leave belongings or valuables in these areas. Can we advise you to not use any corridors or public spaces for your children to change in.