Due to popular demand, The Place's limited online programme of weekly classes for young people and adults has been extended.
At present, we are able to offer four online classes, including Over 60s Contemporary with Natalie Dodd, each week. We hope to develop further provision for all ages as soon as possible.
The duration of the classes will be 1 hour, which will consist of a 45-minute class as well as time at the end for questions with the teacher and Classes & Courses staff. From w/c 25 May classes will be 1 hour long followed by 15 minutes at the end for questions with the teacher and Classes & Courses staff.
About the class:
These carefully planned, fun and engaging sessions for dancers aged 60+, will use a variety of dance techniques and improvisation tasks to challenge you physically and creatively. The course will enable dancers to build strength and to develop their technique and musicality at an appropriate pace and level.
How are we doing?
Have you taken part in any of our online classes? We'd really appreciate it if you could complete a very short survey, to let us more about you and how how we're doing.
These classes are offered on a pay-what-you-can basis (£0/£3/£5/£8). The Place are doing their very best to support all staff during this time, and we welcome any amount that you feel able to pay to ensure we can continue to pay our teachers to deliver brilliant activities. However, if you are unable to pay at this time don't worry, you're still very welcome to book a place and join in with classes.
Enrolment Option (available on classes from w/c 25 May):
We now have an enrolment option if you want to book multiple classes in advance in one transaction:
£40 for 8 weeks (equivalent to £5 per session)
£64 for 8 weeks (equivalent to £8 per session)
Important information about online classes:
- Lessons will take place live via Zoom.
- Following your booking, you will be sent an email from the Classes & Courses team which will detail all the information needed to access the lesson. Please keep an eye out for this email one hour before your class is due to start.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email from our bookings system after making your booking, please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be sure we have your correct details.
- These classes are offered on a pay-what-you-can basis or enrolment. The Place are doing their very best to support all staff during this time, and we welcome any amount that you feel able to pay to ensure we can continue to pay our teachers to deliver brilliant activity.
- Before joining the class please read our Safe practice at home checklist by clicking the link below.
- Please note that bookings will close one hour before sessions start.
Disclaimer: When participating in our online classes at home, you are doing so at your own risk. The Place cannot be held responsible or liable for any injury to yourself, or damage to any personal property that may occur when taking part in any classes. We have put together a checklist to help minimise risk to yourself and those around you: please read this thoroughly before taking part in any online sessions. You can download our Safe practice at home checklist below.
Times: 10.30am - 11.30am
Duration: 60 mins