Are you 15-18 years old and interested in a career in the creative industries?
Do you attend school or college in Camden?
The Place Work Experience programme is open to young people who live and learn in our home borough. If you have an interest in the performing arts and want to find out more about a range of potential careers within the industry, we’d love to hear from you.
We offer Work Experience placements in the months of October, November, February, March, May and June.
During your Work Experience placement week you’ll spend time with a range of different teams to gain insight into how a world-leading arts organisation works. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from some or all of the following teams:
- Theatre and Artist Development (TAD) - this department is responsible for producing and programming the performances, events and workshops that happen at The Place as well as some of our touring productions.
- Communications - the Communications team at The Place are responsible for creating and distributing materials which help us to tell our audiences about what we do. This covers our website, press and marketing and social media for everything that happens within the building.
- Creative Learning- the Creative Learning team is responsible for developing innovative education and engagement projects for both in and beyond The Place.
- Classes and Courses - this team is responsible for scheduling and programming the wide range of recreational dance classes and activities we run at The Place.
- Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) - our centre for advanced training is one of eight in the country that provide pre-vocational training to students aged 11-18 years.
- London Contemporary Dance School (LCDS) - LCDS is The Place’s world class dance conservatoire offering both undergraduate and post-graduate degree programmes in dance.
- Costume - Our Costume Department is part of LCDS and is responsible for creating and maintaining the costumes you may see if you have already seen or are able to see an LCDS performance.
- Richard Alston Dance Company (RADC) - RADC is one of the UK’s leading choreographer-led companies and is based here at The Place. The company performs on a national and international basis and has a rich repertoire of deeply musical contemporary dance-works.
- Development - As a charity, The Place receives donations from many different businesses, funds, trusts and individual donors. The development department are responsible for creating and administrating funding applications and received donations to the organisation.
- Administration and Finance - the Administration and Finance department at The Place underpins all the events that happen in the building. The department covers Finance, Human Resources, Space Bookings (for studio hire and administration), Maintenance (for the upkeep of the building) and Reception (the first point of call for all visitors to the building).
Previous Work Experience Placements:
Below are links to some of the blogs that some of our Work Experience placement students have written about their experiences here at The Place.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in Work Experience at The Place you need to:
- Complete the application form that can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page.
- Return the completed application to email@example.com as soon as possible in advance of the deadline.
Once we receive your completed application you’ll be asked to arrange a reference letter from either your school or parent/carer, depending on the circumstances of the Work Experience placement. We can only consider your application for Work Experience when we have received both your completed application form and supporting documentation before the application deadline. Once the deadline has passed, we’ll review all the applications, and we’ll contact successful applicants within 1-2 weeks of the application deadline.
Unfortunately, because of the amount of interest we regularly receive, we not able to offer places to all applicants. Please be aware that we do not offer places in advance, we only accept applications for the month we advertise on our website, so do check this before sending us your application.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. Good luck!